Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Guns, Guns, Guns
How can we silence the gun lobby-- permanently?
The answer is simple--we can't! The best we can do is to make their task--banning all personal weapons--far, far harder. The best way to do this is to elect pro-gun legislators, and hope that they are also conservative in the rest of their thinking as well.
My beliefs are that:
1) guns save lives every day, far, far more then lose lives.
2) every citizen should be able to own and use guns to defend themselves and their families.
3) an armed citizenry is an insurance policy against an unwanted takeover of the government.
4) gun owning states have far less crime than gun regulated states.
5) shooting is a grand hobby, whether for sport or game.
6) gun discipline in the home is easy to manage, and is a necessity for the young to learn.
7) in the event of war, having trained marksmen available is a huge asset, and saves money.