Wednesday, January 09, 2008

 

The Secular Conservative: enoren

Sorry for this type of reply, but my system needs work, since I can't use either IE or Firefox to post replies. I have been postponing the time during the holidays, and waiting for my new laptop to arrive, among other activities.

You are quite correct, it was my interpretation of "secular" that led me to believe that you were part of the problem, not part of the solution.

If I erase the concepts surrounding God from my mind, I come up with something like a Virtues Scheme, with a self-generated Morality that is quite near that which I have been saddled with on the other side of the God issue, but without any necessary referent ideology. That is a road I went down much earlier, and it is workable, although to me far, far less rewarding than the introduction of God and Jesus.

I will try again to find your posts, but a specific URL would be helpful. :)

Labels:



Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?