Thursday, December 22, 2011

 

Religious Tolerance in the USA

How far does religious tolerance go?

My tolerance for religions and non-religious religions turns out to be selective. If a specific religion or non-religious religion shows utter intolerance of my religion or any other religion, and threatens to dominate the people of my nation by force or intrigue, then I oppose it with all my strength. If that religion expects to subjugate and rule me and my fellow citizens by its own set of laws, they will be opposed–by force if necessary.


So long as they are law-abiding and unthreatening, however, they are welcome, but they must be watched very carefully indeed lest their religious mandate for conquest surfaces to our detrement.

Our Constitution, and specifically its guarantees of personal and religious freedoms, are not at the same time a suicide pact.



Labels: , , ,



Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?