Monday, August 10, 2015
The Dem Syndrome
Dime a Dozen
I have had each of these obviously ignorant statements told
to me in all seriousness by prospective voters. Some of these people were well
educated and well off, too, which boggles my mind.
1. My father and his father were Dems, so I am too.
2. All of my friends and coworkers are Dems, so I am too.
3. My union tells us to vote Dem, so I vote Dem.
4. Dems favor the poor and the middle class, so I vote Dem.
5. Dems to a man condemn the Repub party for all the sins of
our society, so I vote Dem.
6. I didn't like G.W. Bush, so I will vote Dem.
7. I didn't like Regan either, so I will vote Dem.
8. I did like Bill Clinton, so I will vote for Hillary.
9. Even though I hate Obamacare, I will vote Dem.
10. Even though I believe we should fight ISIS on the ground
also, I will vote Dem.
11. Even though the Dems are tax and spenders and our
national debt is over 18.5 trillion dollars, I will vote for Dems.
12. We have a Repub governor that I do not like, so I will
There are many believers in Christ who honestly think they were individually selected to be saved by grace alone. They insist that no obedience to God is necessary. If God saves by grace alone then nothing is required of the person being saved, they reason.
First there is no Scripture that states men are saved by "grace alone."
The proof text for saved by "grace alone" is Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, least anyone should boast.(NKJV)
1. It does not say saved by grace alone. The word alone is not used nor is it implied in Eph. 2:8-9.
2. It says saved by grace through faith. God's grace and man's faith are required.
3. God does not give men the gift faith so they may be saved. The gift mentioned here is salvation, not faith.
4. Men are not saved because of their good works or keeping the Law of Moses.
Grace is offered to all men. Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.(NKJV)
Faith comes by hearing the gospel. Faith is not a gift forced on unbelievers so they can be saved. Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.(NKJV)
Obedience is required to be saved. Romans 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, "Lord who has believed our report?"(NKJV) If men are saved by grace alone, then all men would believe the gospel and be saved.
Obeying the gospel is essential to be saved, and men have a choice. 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8....the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, 8 taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.(NKJV)
Why would Jesus take vengeance on those who do not obey the gospel if God selects each individual to be saved by grace alone, and then forces them to believe the gospel? Is that the God you worship?
Jesus told all men the gospel not just for a select few. Mark 16:16 "He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.(NKJV)
Obey the gospel by believing and being immersed in water, resulting in salvation, or reject the gospel and be condemned. All men have a choice.
Saved because of Grace. Ephesians 2:8. That is not a good work nor is it keeping the Law of Moses.
Saved because of believing in Jesus. John 3:15, Romans 10:9. That is not a good work nor is it keeping the Law of Moses.
Saved because of repentance and baptism. Acts 2:38, 1 Peter 3:21, Acts 3:19. Those are not good works nor are they keeping the Law of Moses.
Being obedient to the gospel of Jesus Christ is not a good work nor is it keeping the Law of Moses.
MEN ARE NOT SAVED BY GRACE ALONE.
MEN ARE NOT SAVED BY FAITH ALONE.
MEN ARE NOT SAVED BY BAPTISM ALONE.
MEN ARE NOT SAVED BY REPENTANCE ALONE.
MEN ARE SAVED BY OBEYING THE TOTAL GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.
YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http
Posted by Steve Finnell at 11:57 AM No comments:
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Links to this post