Sunday, April 10, 2011

 

A Bit of Joy

Staring as I am way out to sea from my perch on the nineth floor balcony, with the sun on my face and a cool breeze to ward off the heat, and with hundreds of bathers and jet skis on the water, I become lulled into the rhythm of the ocean waves and the smell of salt water. This moment, this little bit of joy, out of months of tension and dire straits, is most welcome. In fact, it is rejuvenating to my spirit and even reaches my soul with a message of pleasure and basic sanity. The world is still there in all of its natural beauty, and at least some people are out for fun, not war. A week full of sun and wind and water, wonderful food, and new things to see makes for a fine vacation, doesn't it?

Labels:



Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?