Friday, August 26, 2005

 

Media Frenzies A Turnoff

I have had enough of media swarms that last for months!


We have had a parade of media swarms over the past few years that has really turned me off! You know them: Cindy Sheehan; Natallie Holloway; Scott Peterson; Michael Jackson; Dennis Rader; and a host of non-entities (to me), such as Howard Stern, Bill Mahar, Charlie Rose, and Howard Dean. My suggestion to the media is to examime the priorities of subjects we have before us, and to report on them factually first, then have an analysis of the pros and cons of the issues surrounding the situation.

If there is not much going on, such as in the Congress now because of vacation recess, then it gets a pass. With a little effort, I could come up with a list of such subjects, that to me would vastly outshine the swarm subjects of today. Why not simply report the beginnings and ends of these morbid and voyeur-tickling events, and do away with the talking heads and the sentimental op-ed pieces on a daily basis? The speculations of some of these "news sources" are outrageous and totally misleading. Witness the enormous media efforts in Aruba, which are ruining our relations with the Arubans as we continue to misunderstand the procedures of their government. By the time Peterson was convicted, I was willing to go execute the media myself because of the incessant coverage.

There ought to be a law!

Unfortunately, there is a law, and it supports the media. It is our precious free speech law. My vote has to be to turn my set to another channel and hope it too doesn't suddenly bring in an "alert" about some ongoing media storm. Or to get a DVD movie.

Oh well!


Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?