Thursday, November 17, 2005

 

Illegal Immigration: Why is it so Hard to Fix?

We Need the Will to Succeed in Stopping Illegal Immigration



First: Build the fence. Yes it's 2,000 miles long. Yes, it would be expensive. But the problems of illegal immigration are far more expensive to the US in every state in the union.

Second: Back up the fence with adequate Border Patrols, even if it is double the current number. So what? We can and should pay for it.

Third: Give local and state authorities, the police, state troopers, as well as the border Patrol, the right to expel illegal immigrants immediately, wherever they are found. If someone cannot identify themselves as a US citizen or a foreigner with valid papers, he should be shown the border right away. The INS is ineffective here, and I see no reason for a hearing before a judge either, except in unusual cases.

Fourth: Enforce the laws on the books regarding illegal entry. In particular, go after the individuals or companies that hire illegals or suspiciously credentialled persons, and penalize them heavily if they are found to have illegals working for them. Say a hundred thousand dollars per individual found. A second conviction should result in jail for 5 to 10 years. Make it uneconomical for people to hire illegals. If this means hiring more investigators then hire them.

Fifth: Set up not only a better quota system for legal entry, but also a workable guest worker program that permits good workers to come to the US and work for some period of time under controlled conditions. Make it easy to do it the right way, and very hard to do it the wrong way.
Second offenders found to have entered illegally should face imprisonment and then deportation.

Sixth: Stop automatically granting US citizenship to the children born of illegal immigrants. Cut out the family kin sponsorship rules for all but next of kin.

I believe these six changes would see the effective end to mass illegal excursions over the borders. Anyone have other ideas to add?



Comments:
Yes. Stop supporting Governments that abuse their own people. Encourage real free trade instead of enslavement by proxy. Ideas you will no doubt delete. You really do live in your own world.
PS - Only people from the far right think the Clintons are Liberal.
 
Aha! An Open Borders Freak! Come on, come all, Hey? And anon posters are cowards, by the way. There you go trying to move the goalposts! The Clinton's are Mid to far LEFT, and I hope they keep on trucking further Left, till we can't see them anymore. They passed Liberal a DECADE AGO.
 
I did not say anything about "open borders". You asked for other Ideas you get 'em pal. I was addressing cause, not so much effect. You seem to disagree with what is written on the Statue of Liberty. I know by perusing your writing that if the immigrants were of European heritage you would have no problem.
Since you can't listen to me because of your hate I recommend you read a fellow Republican. A Conservative not a NeoCon/Fundigelical -
http://consortiumnews.com/2005/111705a.html

Oh I could make up a name, however my arguments stand by their own.
Maybe the Gentleman above can bring you back to reality.
 
You haven't made any coherent argument, only a pair of comments. And you didn't read my post carefully enough to realize that I was not nixing ALL immigration, only the illegal kind. Thus, I am very much against Open Borders.
In fact, I believe a better quota system, plus a guestworker system would be of great benefit to the nation.

Further, I have not said anything against any race, creed, color, religion, sex or sexual preference.
You are looking for an argument where none exists, or are assuming far too much.

As for free trade, I am all for it, so long as the rules are kept. Globalization appears to me to be the best way ahead, but gradually. You should go back into my archives and read what I have posted about globalization.

I do believe that we are trying now under Bush to stop supporting regimes that are totalitarian. But this wasn't an immigration issue, per se, which was the subject of this thread.

Such changes, however, cannot be effected overnight without causing chaos in the local and world marketplace, as well as nations' security. Gradualism is in order.
 
Go here and write something right for a change -
http://www.organicconsumers.org/epa6.cfm
 
Laughing! Write something right? I write what I think, not what is fed to me. Right or wrong, I own my words. Again, you don't present your own ideas, or your own words.
There is an ocean of papers and tomes on the web on every subject known to man. Read some more.
 
Did you even go to the site?
Yet you urge me to "read'? You are nothing less than a immoral man. The subject since you had not read it was - Experimenting with pesticides on orphan and mentally handicapped children. The EPA wants to allow it. Now I know I was wasting my time. Goodbye. I'll leave you to your lonely blog. If someone else strolls by you might want to show more respect.
 
Conbsidering your negative OT contributions to this thread, bon voyage! You might stay on track, develop your arguments and be more respected as you crawl by.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?